January 12 2024 at 06:00AM
Announcing the PMISFBAC Board Elections 2024
Greetings PMI-SFBAC Members and Volunteers,
The deadline for 2024 Board Member applications is January 26th, 2024 at 12:00 PM PT!!!
Now is the time to showcase your seasoned leadership skills, help drive the strategy of PMI-San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PMI-SFBAC), and to realize the future of Management. We invite you to stand as a candidate to lead the foremost resource of Project Management in the SF Bay Area.
PMI-SFBAC is holding elections for the following positions on the Board:
- President (1-year term) *: The Board President serves as the Board ambassador and acts as a spokesperson to the larger community on all communications except Board delegation.
- Secretary (1-year term) *: The Board Secretary is responsible for assuring the integrity of Board documents so that there is a complete, accurate, current, and accessible record of all board activity.
- Treasurer (1-year term) *: The Board Treasurer is responsible for assuring that the Board achieves its fiduciary obligation to the chapter. Because of the legal ramifications, the Treasurer manages financial planning and management activities not delegated to the CEO.
* Must be an existing Board Member to apply.
What Does an “Ideal” Board Candidate Look Like?
Persons who are a member of the PMI-SFBAC since at least January 1, 2023 and in good standing are eligible to stand as candidates.
A PMI SFBAC Chapter member in good standing:
- Is a member of PMI
- Is a member of PMI-SFBAC
- Agrees to the PMI code of ethics and professional conduct
PMI-SFBAC Chapter members will be eligible to vote in this election. That is, if you receive an election ballot, then you are eligible to vote.
How to Apply:
Click here to access the online Nomination Form.
Key dates and timeline:
- Applications due: January 26th, 2024
- Voting: February 2nd, 2024 - February 16th, 2024
- Election Results: February 29th, 2024
Application Deadline: January 26th, 2024 at 12:00 PM PST
The candidate application must include their filled nomination form and the following completed, signed, and scanned forms:
Failure to complete and sign the above forms will result in the candidate being treated as ineligible.
After the eligibility of the candidates is assessed and confirmed by the Nominating Committee, the application will be provided to all Eligible Voters on the election ballot.
Each nomination will be evaluated holistically with consideration of the criteria listed below. The results of the nomination process are final.
- Chapter member in good standing
- Residency within the geographic boundaries of the chapter or demonstrated previous commitment to chapter while based at current address
- Previous officer or board member of a volunteer organization
- Previous volunteer or leadership experience in PMI-SFBAC or other PMI chapters
- Responses to application questions, especially regarding leadership philosophy, understanding of policy governance, and vision for the chapter
- Interview participation
- Willingness to complete a background check as a last step of the nomination process, before being placed on the ballot.
The following documents provide the framework within which the Board operates the Chapter:
If you have any questions, please contact the Nomination Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org