Military Outreach Program Purpose
- Provide networking and educational opportunities for local veterans, active duty personnel, and military spouses interested in transitioning into Project Management through our free monthly Military Round Table
- Assist local companies interested in supporting the successful transition of veterans
- Increase awareness of PMI and PMISFBAC and contribute to community outreach
- Increase certifications of members, through training, education, and mentorship
- Increase general membership in our local chapter
Learn about translating military experience into Project Management experience here “Take Your Military Experience and Transition to a Career in Project Management”
Military veterans and spouses can join the PMI-San Francisco Bay Area Chapter at NO COST during their first year of membership. Chapter membership offers a community of like-minded professionals that can offer mentoring, help with skills identification and translation, study groups certification preparation, and finding a job.
Essential to the success of the Military Outreach program is the volunteer position of Director of Military Outreach, presently filled by Michael Wahlman, who is a retired Navy veteran and a PMP certification holder. Mike is the host of the monthly Military Round Table and he is passionate about helping the veteran community expand their professional network, work toward a PM certification, and find employment.
For further information about our Military Outreach program, please contact Michael Wahlman at:
Project Management Institute
San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
PO Box 190984
San Francisco, CA 94119-3544