The mission of the PMI San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Academic Outreach program is to advance the practice and profession of project management by providing programs, resources, and support to academic institutions in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our focus is with those institutions that have demonstrated an interest in project management tools, methodologies, and practices. The primary objective is to ensure the student body is informed of the project management discipline and the career opportunities available as a profession.
The Academic Outreach program is pursuing three areas of focus:
- Ensure that universities and colleges are aware of what the project management profession offers
- Ensure that universities and colleges are aware of what professional development support and benefits are provided to members of the PMI San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
- Educate local education partners on the benefits of standardization of project management methodology
- Jointly sponsor project management knowledge-sharing meetings or panel discussions.
- Offer professional networking opportunities to project management students
- Support individual project management research efforts with our educational partners
- Be responsive to the needs of our education partners in developing project management curriculum
- Support individual project management research efforts within the academic community.
- Increase Demand for PM Academic Programs
- Educate people doing project management on their need for professional PM education
- Educate C-types of organizations on earned value of Project Management academic curriculums
- Demonstrate the benefits of undergraduate and graduate programs in Project Management to our education partners
- Create awareness and connections to students to offer the following:
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Discount chapter memberships to students
- Student scholarship programs with support of the PMIEF
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Credential awareness
For More Information
We need your help in getting this exciting program off the ground and would welcome your participation and contributions to this major chapter program.