This program began as the Green Project Management Seminar Series in 2011 and was re-booted as the Sustainability Program in 2019. It is sponsored and chartered by the Project Management Institute San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PMI-SFBAC). Our goals are as follows:
- Furthering the science and art of project management by identifying, studying, and learning from projects that have any combination of (a) a sustainable goal as their primary deliverable; (b) incorporating sustainable practices into many or all aspects of project management.
- Furthering public awareness of the multiple facets of sustainability, including but not limited to energy use, carbon, and other greenhouse gas footprint; waste stream; water; and environmental quality including indoors.
- Increasing reputation and membership of Project Management Institute.
Sustainability Program Funding
All event registration fees raised by the Sustainability Program are used towards sustainability initiatives or community service projects.
- Ina Acuña POC, PMI-SFBAC VP of Sustainability
- Kim Stepney, Sustainability Manager
- Seyi Oshinowo, Sustainability Manager
- Margaret Au, Sustainability Operations Manager
- Monica Bible, Sustainability Program Manager
Is there someone in your organization already working on sustainability initiatives? Please let us know at: email@example.com. We'd love to invite them to share their knowledge with us.