I want to be a Mentee
Participating in a Mentorship Circle will allow you to hone and expand your knowledge of a specific topic while learning alongside fellow professionals in a group setting for the duration of 9 weeks. Your Mentor will guide you for the entire cohort. You will be engaged with a Mentorship Circle based on your topic of interest and years of experience.
If you choose to apply for 1:1 mentorship, the Mentorship Team will pair you with a Mentor who closely aligns with your niche needs.
In order to ensure you maintain a high energy level and make the most of your relationship with your Mentor, some of the keys to your success will include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the relationship
- Minimum 1 hour per week meeting with your Mentor (and fellow Mentees)
- Attendance for the Cohort Kick-Off and Appreciation events.
- Set aside valuable time and maintain your commitment to the program and mentorship relationship.
- Owning the Relationship
- Come to the relationship with an organized list of ideas and topics you would like to cover.
- The Mentorship Program will provide guidelines. However, it is great if you bring your own thoughts and individual needs to work on within the guidelines.
- Come prepared to your pre-scheduled meetings to make the most out of your and your Mentor’s time. The more you put into the preparation, the more you’ll get out of it.
- Ask thoughtful questions as they will foster great answers from your Mentor.
- Leave your ego behind
- Be open to feedback and be ready to be coached.
- Be willing to have open and honest discussions.
- It is ok to push back when necessary, but do so in a tactful and respectful manner, as this is part of growth and required in business.
- Being prepared to learn and grow
- Be open to learning, taking advice, and growing.
- Do not come to the meetings and simply be a “yes” person.
- Have realistic expectations
- Your Mentor will not be able to open every door for you, but being open and honest about what you expect to get from the partnership will go a long way in ensuring you get the most out of your mentoring relationship.
- Showing gratitude towards your Mentor
- Do not be afraid to let your Mentor know how much you’re enjoying working with him or her as they appreciate getting feedback as well.
What is a Mentorship Coaching Circle?
- 1 Mentorship Coaching Circle = 1 Mentor to 4 Mentees (max.)
- Each Coaching Circle Cohort is 10 weeks long
What is 1:1 Mentorship?
- 1:1 Mentorship = 1 Mentor to 1 Mentee
- 1:1 Mentorship is 10 weeks long
How do I register for a Mentorship in 2023?
- Register Now!
- Complete the registration form
- Indicate your preferred topic and industry of interest
- Indicate if you are seeking to join a mentorship circle or 1:1 mentorship
- Share years of experience in the topics of interest
What are the benefits of a Coaching Circle?
- Hone and expand your knowledge of a specific topic
- Learn by discussions with your fellow professionals under the guidance of your experienced Mentor
- Build a network of like-minded professionals
- Earn PDUs for your participation
If interested, please complete the application by January 29, 2023.
- We will do our best to match you to a Mentor or Mentorship Circle based on your preference.
- Matches are subject to change and will depend on the available Mentors.
We do hope you enjoy and get the most out of your experience in the PMI-SF Bay Area chapter’s Mentorship Program. It can’t be said enough, the more you put into your relationship with your Mentor, the more you will get out of it to grow, learn, and reach your goals. Welcome, and we hope you have a great 2022.
PMI-SF Bay Area Mentorship Program