Drones & Dumping: Using Tech to Keep Cities Green
Illegal dumping is a major problem for cities around the world. Crews are forced to patrol streets in search of trash, covering limited ground. What they need is a complete picture of every dumped item so that they can act quickly and efficiently.
West Coast Dynamics plays an integral role in helping cities protect the environment and improve quality of life.
- Learn how a passion project solved a real-world problem and grew into a startup.
- Learn how projects can partner with cities to achieve green goals.
- Learn how clean streets make a positive impact on local communities.
This course directly supports our UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Target 12.4: By 2030, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
- Target 3.9a: By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution and contamination.
- Target 11.6: By 2030, reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.
Event Structure (all times in PT):
5:15 pm Zoom room opens to test connections, light networking
5:30 pm Event opens
6:30 pm Event closes
The registration fee is a donation we are collecting for sustainability initiatives and community service project materials. If you are facing financial hardship, please reach out to sustainabilityteam@pmisfbac.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
If you have made a reservation and find that you will be unable to attend, please send an email to sustainabilityteam@pmisfbac.
Name of Speaker:
Brian is the Founder / CEO of West Coast Dynamics. He's the father of two young children, a husband, and a dreamer. He brings his passion and energy to engineering and product development. Good products start with the customer in mind, and that is something he firmly believes in. His experience as a software engineer, manager, customer support representative, salesperson, and entrepreneur gives him the unique ability to coach teammates and deliver high quality on time.
During the pandemic, Brian noticed that the number of reports of abandoned waste didn't match the amount on his streets. That's when he decided to try something. His background in software and robotics, coupled with an interest in automation and machine vision, makes this the perfect problem for him to solve.
It is no longer possible to register for this event